Inorganic matter is an abbreviation of inorganic compounds, usually refers to non-carbon-containing compounds. A few carbon-containing compounds, such as carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, carbonates, cyanides, etc. are also inorganic substances can be divided into oxides, , Alkali, salt and so on.
Organic matter Definitions Organic compounds usually refer to carbon-containing compounds, or hydrocarbons and their derivatives, which are collectively referred to as organic compounds.
1. Organic matter is the abbreviation of organic compounds. At present, human beings know more than 900 million kinds of organic matter, the number is far more than inorganic.
2. In the early 1920s, scientists have used inorganic compounds to synthesize many organic compounds, such as urea, acetic acid, fat, and so on. In the early 1920s, scientists had known organic matter from animals and plants and other organisms, so this kind of compound is called organic matter. , Thus breaking the organic matter can only be obtained from the organic concept.However, due to historical and customary reasons, people still use the name of organic matter.
3. Organic matter is generally insoluble in water, soluble in organic solvents, the melting point is low. The vast majority of organic matter heat easily decomposed, easy to burn. Organic reaction is generally slow, and often accompanied by side effects.
4. A wide variety of organic compounds can be divided into hydrocarbon and hydrocarbon derivatives of two categories. According to the organic molecules contained in the functional groups, divided into alkyl, alkene, alkyne, aromatic hydrocarbons and alcohols, aldehydes, carboxylic acids, esters Etc. According to the carbon fiber structure of organic molecules, can also be divided into open chain compounds, carbocyclic compounds and heterocyclic compounds three categories.
5. Organic matter is of vital importance to human life, life, and production. All living creatures on earth contain large amounts of organic matter.
The main difference between organic matter and inorganic matter
Inorganic and organic matter in the nature and reaction of the difference is only relative, conditional, different organic matter has its special properties.For example, ethanol, acetic acid, acetaldehyde, acetone and water can be mutually miscible; carbon tetrachloride Alkaloacetic acid and its metal salts can be ionized in aqueous solution; trichloroacetic acid is a strong acid; some reactions, such as thermal cracking of alkanes and trinitrotoluene The explosion is done in an instant, and so on.
Water is the most abundant compound in living cells. Different types of organisms, the water content is different; different tissues, organs, water content is also different.
The presence of water in cells is free water and combined water, combined with water and other substances, is an important component of cell structure, accounting for about 4.5%; free water in the form of free, is a good cell solvent, Can also be directly involved in biochemical reactions, but also transport nutrients and waste. All in all, all living activities of the various organisms are inseparable from the water.
Most of the inorganic salts in the presence of ionic state, although its content is very small, but there are many important role: some inorganic salts are some important components of intracellular compounds, such as Fe is the main component of hemoglobin, Mg Is a necessary component of chlorophyll molecules; many inorganic salt ions for the maintenance of cells and organisms have an important role in life activities, such as blood calcium content is too low will appear convulsions; inorganic salts to maintain cell acid and alkali balance is also important The