Inorganic compounds are generally referred to as inorganic compounds other than organic (organic) carbon, but also include carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, carbonate, etc. The vast majority of inorganic compounds can be classified as oxides, acids, bases and salts Big class.
What are the differences between inorganic compounds and organic compounds?
Inorganic matter is an abbreviation of inorganic compounds, usually refers to non-carbon-containing compounds. A few carbon-containing compounds, such as carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, carbonates, cyanides, etc. are also inorganic substances can be divided into oxides, , Alkali, salt and so on.
The definition of organic matter usually refers to carbon-containing compounds, or hydrocarbons and their derivatives are collectively referred to as organic compounds.
1. Organic matter is the abbreviation of organic compounds. At present, human beings know more than 900 million kinds of organic matter, the number is far more than inorganic.
2. In the early 1920s, scientists have used inorganic compounds to synthesize many organic compounds, such as urea, acetic acid, fat, and so on. In the early 1920s, scientists had known organic matter from animals and plants and other organisms, so this kind of compound is called organic matter. , Thus breaking the organic matter can only be obtained from the organic concept.However, due to historical and customary reasons, people still use the name of organic matter.
3. Organic matter is generally insoluble in water, soluble in organic solvents, the melting point is low. The vast majority of organic matter heat easily decomposed, easy to burn. Organic reaction is generally slow, and often accompanied by side effects.
4. A wide variety of organic compounds can be divided into hydrocarbon and hydrocarbon derivatives of two categories. According to the organic molecules contained in the functional groups, divided into alkyl, alkene, alkyne, aromatic hydrocarbons and alcohols, aldehydes, carboxylic acids, esters Etc. According to the carbon fiber structure of organic molecules, can also be divided into open chain compounds, carbocyclic compounds and heterocyclic compounds three categories.
5. Organic matter is of vital importance to human life, life, and production. All living creatures on earth contain large amounts of organic matter.
The main difference between organic matter and inorganic matter
Inorganic and organic matter in the nature and reaction of the difference is only relative, conditional, different organic matter has its special properties.For example, ethanol, acetic acid, acetaldehyde, acetone and water can be mutually miscible; carbon tetrachloride Alkaloacetic acid and its metal salts can be ionized in aqueous solution; trichloroacetic acid is a strong acid; some reactions, such as the thermal cracking of alkanes and the reaction of trinitrotoluene The explosion is done in an instant, and so on.